New Year ~ New Resolutions



Welcome 2016! Can you believe a new year has come? With each January, people make resolutions for the coming year and they will inevitably break those resolutions by the end of the first month. I've never been much for resolutions though I am goal oriented. However, over the last couple years, I have been less focused on goals, and I need to get back to that because I feel as though I'm spinning my wheels and getting nowhere. Do you know that feeling?


This year I received Sarah Young's devotional Jesus Calling. It had been recommended to me by a dear friend and pastor's wife. So my resolution this year is to spend more time in God's Word, attempt to visit this devotional on a daily basis and utilize my time more efficiently and with less tunnel vision (too focused on one thing and abandoning the rest). 

Thoughts on devotional #1 January 1st. "Do not cling to the old ways as you step into a new year." This of course brings to mind Romans 12:2: Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (ESV)

How often do we cling to the old instead of moving on to the new? It's time to transform our minds and cast off those things which keep us down, that keep us from serving God to the fullest. 

Let me close with one of my favorite verses. Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. So enter 2016 with hope knowing God is in charge of your future and give it all to His glory!
 

Wishing you all a Happy and Blessed New Year,
Cindy


 

No comments: