Fall For You (Book1: The Jane Austen Academy): Review



As a long time Jane Austen fan, I've read many novels based on Jane's original novels. When I downloaded this book, I wasn't quite sure if I was going to like it, but I love YA novels and JA so I decided to give it a try. After about 4 chapters, I was enjoying the YA voice and characters but I wasn't quite sure about the characterization of Jane's original characters. This is more a novella than a novel. It reads very fast. With my busy schedule, I finished it in 2 sittings. That I read it so quickly is not just because of the length; it was also due to the writing. I wanted to keep reading and see how it was going to all play out. But as it was a shorter novel, there was just not enough time to fully develop the plot and characters as I would have liked. And as far as the characterizations, I feel like the author did relatively well incorporating key parts of the novels into a modern teenage world. However, I did not exactly like the way Lizzy was characterized. She came across a bit harsh and lacked Elizabeth Bennet's famous sense of humor and wit. Regardless, it was a cute, fun book and I did enjoy it. I plan to read the other books in the series.

You can download this first book in the series for free on Kindle at Amazon


No comments: