Finding Your Inspiration


I'm going to be open and honest here. Lately, I've been feeling dried up creatively. I haven't written anything new in a couple of years. I have reworked old manuscripts or previously published works being republished--but nothing brand new. I feel very out of practice because like all skills it must be used and honed to remain sharp and proficient. 


I've decided to work on a project for a publisher that is due in May. And I am totally uninspired and lack motivation. So, today I went to God's Word for my inspiration. That's probably where I should have started. 
I'm going to plan, create and outline this short book from that starting point. I pray that God blesses this project. One of the things I learned when I started writing Christian fiction almost 14 years ago was how much you can affect your readers and their lives just through a story. (I am thankful for the precious emails from people I've received over the years.) Prayer always needs to be where you start with every writing project. Time to get back on the wagon and see where God takes this. Hope you all have a Happy Friday!



No comments: