Sunday Snippet 3/1

Continuing the excerpt from last week. Andrea finds out the raised voices are Luke's divorced parents arguing.

 
Watching this scene play out absolutely shocked me. I had no idea it was this bad for Luke. I mean, I know divorce can be bad. I’ve seen movies and heard about it from other kids, but it’s different having it play out before your eyes.
Luke maneuvered his parents to sit on opposite couches facing each other. The anger dropped to a lower level, and they actually started talking.
I was eavesdropping on a private family matter. I didn’t belong here. Moving quietly out of Luke’s room, I progressed past the living room and was just about to open the front door when Luke called out my name.

Andrea & the Five Day Challenge
Out on Friday! Pre-order your copy today.
www.cindykgreen.com


9 comments:

Linda said...

Yes, it can be really bad. He is still lucky that they would actually sit.

Gem Sivad said...

You've really captured an ugly divorce moment and the urge to scurry away and "not see" that most of us feel. Great writing.

Sarah W said...

Looks like Luke has to be the adult in the family. That has to be tough on a teenager . . .

PT said...

Nicely done. Her reactions are perfect.

Siobhan Muir said...

Great snippet, Cindy, and congrats on your upcoming release! :)

diannehartsock said...

Poor Luke! Can't blame his friend for leaving, but hope she stays when he calls to her.

Unknown said...

That is awkward. I'm sorry he has to go through that. All she can do is be there for him.

JTsuruoka said...

Tough stuff. You did well to capture the awkwardness in a very real way.

Iris B said...

Well done capturing the moment so well!