We live in such a youth-centered culture that it is very hard to get old. Something happened this week that made me question if I’m getting old too. And then my eye doctor said ‘it’s only *** years till you turn 40. Then is all falls apart.’ Lovely man.
So here a funny list of ‘Signs that You’re Getting Old’ which I collected from several sources:
1. You hear your favorite song in an elevator.
2. You watch the Weather Channel.
3. Your friends marry and divorce instead of “hook up” and “break up.”
4. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.
5. You don’t know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.
6. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.
7. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.
8. The music that was popular while you were growing up is suddenly being played on the "Classic Rock" station.
9. You sit down to breakfast and hear "Snap, Crackle, and Pop"....and you haven't even poured milk on your cereal yet.
10. Lawn care has become a pretty BIG part of your life.
11. You need glasses to find your glasses.
12. In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
13. People call at 9 PM and ask, "Did I wake you?"
14. You have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it.
15. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
16. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
17. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.
18. The kids you used to babysit have their own kids and you’re pretty sure it’s only been a few years since they were wearing diapers.
19. You remember being horrified when your ‘ancient’ parents turned 40, and never thought it would happen to you.
20. You’d rather people forget it’s your birthday so you can pretend another one hasn’t come and gone.
Have anymore to add??