Recipe from Rose Ross Zediker:
Crock Pot Apple Butter
5 ½ pounds of peeled, cored & finely chopped apples
4 cups of sugar
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon salt
Please apples in a large bowl. Combine sugar and seasonings. Pour over apples and mix well. Place in large crock pot. Cook on high for one hour. Decrease heat to low and cook for nine to eleven hours or until applies “mush”. Stir occasionally. Uncover and cook on low for one hour longer. Pour mixture into blender and blend until smooth. Spoon into jars with seal, leave a ½ inch head space. Jars should seal on their own. Keep extras in the freezer until ready to use.
Recipe from Jan Scarbrough
Christmas Chicken Casserole
1. Cook and bone 2-2 ½ lbs chicken breast diced.
2. Combine 1 – 8 oz. pkg Pepperidge Farm her seasoned stuffing, ¼ lb. melted margarine and 1 cup chicken broth
Spread ½ of mixture in a large greased pan or casserole
3. To chicken, add 3 t. chopped onion, ½ cup chopped celery, ½ cup mayonnaise, and ¾ tsp. salt. Mix and spread in casserole on top of stuffing mix. Cover with remaining stuffing.
4. Beat 2 eggs and add 1½ cup milk. Pour over entire casserole. At this pint, casserole can be stored overnight in refrigerator (or at least several hours).
5. Spread 1 can cream of mushroom soup over top and sprinkle with paprika.
6. Bake at 350 degrees (uncovered) 30-40 minutes until bubbly