Goodbye and Good Riddance 2021!

  






2021 was a TOUGH year. 

 

Okay, it has probably been rough on a lot of us for differing reasons. And so I am ready to say goodbye, farewell, adios, adieu, etc. How about you? For me, this year was personally painful. People and incidents completely stunned me, and I felt totally unprepared for what I faced especially during the second part of this year (that doesn’t even include a continued pandemic, ridiculous public policies and insane governmental representatives—that’s a whole different blog post).  

 

 

  

 

The hardest part of this year has been learning to let go. You hear that from people, as though, it’s an easy thing to do. Maybe for some personality types it is. They have had enough; so, they hold up their hands in surrender and they are out. DONE! The rest of us have a harder time letting go especially when we feel that we have invested so much of our time and blood, sweat and tears in whatever endeavor such as in people, associations and creative projects. For me, this year has felt as though I was continually being kicked in the face. And even though I might step further away, they still seem to smack me down again until it finally got through to me that it was time to completely let go. Tough lessons have been learned this year, and my relationships with others (friends, family and God) have settled in different positions than where they were before. 

 

It’s been a good thing. A hard thing. But a good thing. 

 


God has been leading me down a new path, and I have literally been feeling as though I am crawling in the dark and all I can do is lean on the Lord for his guidance. And perhaps that is the main lesson He intended for me to learn. I have to admit that wholly trusting and leaning on the Lord is hard for me. (Show of hands, who else has this struggle?) I like to figure things out on my own without asking for help. And OH BOY did I learn a lot this year because of that. 

 

Another big lesson this year is that when I get discouraged and upset by my situation to turn to God’s Word. (Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually! I Chronicles 16:11We already know that, though, don’t we? But do we do it? If someone came to me with some of the issues that I’ve been dealing with this year, my first response would be a Bible verse, but when it came down to myself, I just buckled down and tried to figure out the best course of action on my own instead of stopping to pray more about it and dig into God’s Word. 


Remember...

 

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Psalm 46:1-3

 

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord you God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Isaiah 43:1-3

 

 

Eventually, I did turn to Scripture and His Spirit encompassed me in encouragement. And others were sent to me to encourage me as well. (And I them too.) Then I would wonder, 'why did I wait so long to get into my Bible?'

 

And the answer is…because I was so focused on the problem that I neglected to remember the answer. The answer is always that God has this! Isaiah 49:16 "I have written your name on the palms of my hands." 


Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6

 

 

This year has been rough! And I am still experiencing some of the fallout, but I am in a much better place that I was 5-6 months ago. I am moving into a new season of life, and I am excited to see what God’s next Plan is for me. Growth can be painful, but it can also be beautiful! Change seems scary for many of us. It’s the whole unknown thing that sets us completely off balance, and we then want to take control instead of letting Jesus take the wheel of our lives. I want to encourage you to take this time of year this New Years to evaluate what God has been leading you to let go of. Where is He leading you in 2022? Whatever and Wherever it is, it is going to be amazing!

 

It’s time to LET GO AND LET GOD!

 


Happy New Year!!

Cindy 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: